Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sickening times

Not too chipper these days, and it's not so much about being unemployed (still), but because of being sick altogether. Especially since I am on the 6th day of this "cold". I don't feel "cold" so I am not sure why it is called that. I feel miserable, and thus it should be called.

It is kinda hard getting over this; I've taken vitamins, pills, and tried to sleep more but the rambunctious 2 year old here, in all her overt loud ways, limits my naps to 15 minute increments at best.

I suppose I do not feel miserable as much, though. I mean, now I feel okay, but my nose is clogged and I have a cough, but I feel well enough to maybe do a push-up or maybe run to the mailbox. Even when I am not sick, those are pushing the normal limits. I just hate waking up with a plugged up nose, unable to breathe, and coughing up a storm. So I sound terrible, but feel okay.

As for the employment front, I finally applied for unemployment; the first time in my life. I was hoping to never use those benefits, but now I'll gain a new perspective on living life. One less point for me to make fun of poor people I guess. Don't worry, I'll think of something witty to replace it. In the meantime, I do have a job interview with HeadStart on Thursday, so I really need to get over this "miserable."

1 comment:

Annette said...

Good luck on the interview!